United Professional Engineering is seeking a very talented Professional Engineer with a very strong Structural design background to join our team. Our Lake Worth, FL based engineering firm provides Structural Engineering design, building envelope restoration and other related services in the south-east Florida region.
Structural Engineering Intern
Civil or Mechanical Major
United Professional Engineering is currently seeking a Civil or Mechanical Engineering major who is interested in Structural Engineering. Must have the following qualifications:
- Candidate must be able to work 20 to 30 hours per week
- Candidate should be a Junior or Senior
- Will perform some work in the field by assisting Project Engineers with inspections and assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills: experience with AutoCAD, Finite Element Analysis programs (RISA, RAM Advanse etc)
- Knowledge of structural analysis and ability to assemble calculation packages a plus
- Knowledge of Florida Building Code and all pertinent design codes is a plus.
Structural & Building Drafter/Designer
United Professional Engineering is seeking a talented drafter/Designer with the ability to create commercial, industrial and residential construction documents.
- Develop construction documents for bidding, permitting and construction
- Project Management
- Construction Administration
- Collaborate professionally both internally and externally with fellow team members, clients, contractors, building officials, and engineers
- Complete deadlines on time and on budget while maintaining excellence in our design
- Manage multiple projects concurrently